Attention Gnome followers! I have been nominated by this lovely lady for something called the Liebster award. It’s a pretty simple concept: nominate a blog with less than 200 followers, and have them answer 10 questions. Once they answer those questions, they nominate 8 other blogs that also have less than 200 followers, and have them answer 10 questions as well. The catch? Well, there isn’t really any, except that there are no repeat nominees (once you’re nominated, that is that) and you must include a link back to the person who nominated you, as well as to the next 8 nominees (and you kind of have to notify them). And that’s that!
So, before I get down to the business of answering questions, here are my nominees: Four Mothers, 1 Blog, Bend It Like Becker, Crazy Much?, Cycling Onward, Secret Diaries of a Super Mom, Only Baby Stuff, MeMeMe2U, Thetysonstoo.
On to my questions:
1. What made you decide to get into blogging?
Well. My aunts did. You can check that story out here. Besides that, I’ve always enjoyed writing, and this is a little easier with children than an actual notebook, as much as I enjoy the feeling of an actual pencil.
2. What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced as a blogger?
I would have to say trying to maintain consistent updates with two small boys and an almost full time job while simultaneously getting myself into crazy shenanigans like baking homemade french bread. Which is delicious, in case you were wondering.
3. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
Mayonnaise!!! I’ll even confess to dipping my french fries in the stuff.
4. What’s your favorite vacation you’ve been on?
Honestly, I’ve had so few of them that I’d have to say all of them. I love traveling so much, and though I don’t get to go somewhere often, there’s something unique about each adventure that makes it impossible to choose.
5. Have you been to a blogging conference yet? Do you plan to?
No, I haven’t. I’d like to someday, if I had the opportunity.
6. What’s one tip you’d give to new bloggers just starting out?
Comment, comment, comment. If you want traffic, you have to put yourself out there consistently. If you visit a blog, say hello. Don’t forget a link back to yourself! (I’m guilty of not doing this nearly as often as I should!)
7.What do you like to do in your free time?
Oh heavens. Play poker. Read. Walk. Run. Play chess. Watch movies. Watch nerdy TV shows. Play Bingo on Facebook (don’t laugh). And post an update, if my brain isn’t too mushy.
8. What’s your favorite movie?
Toss up. I have too many favorites in life, but my most watched list includes the Matrix, Pride & Prejudice, and Lord of the Rings.
9. What’s one thing you can’t live without?
Coffee. And my husband. And my sister. And… (See? There’s that too many favorites thing! I consider it more of a harmonious balance that would not be complete without all of those things together…)
10. Who is your favorite Disney character?
The aliens from Toy Story.
Bonus Question: Why should people read your blog?
Well… because gnomes are awesome. Clearly.
And now my ten questions for the new nominees:
1. What kind of blogs do you read the most?
2. Which blog is your favorite?
3. Coffee or tea?
4. What is the most dreaded part of your day?
5. What do you do to cope with it?
6. Do you belong to any blogging forums? If yes, do you find it helpful?
7. How do you try to keep your readers engaged?
8. Favorite meal to make?
9. Do you check food labels?
10. What is your next step in getting your blog read?
And that, people… is that!